Frequently Asked Questions
What is E-Way BiIl?
E-Way Bill is an electronic way bill for movement of goods which can be generated on the e-Way Bill Portal. Transport of goods of more than Rs 50,000 in value cannot be made by a registered person without an e-way bill.
E-way bill can also be generated or canceled through SMS.
When an e-way bill is generated a unique e-way bill number (EBN) is allocated and is available to the supplier, recipient, and the transporter.
- Cases when e-Way bill is Not Required
- Documents or Details required to generate e-Way Bill
- E-Way Bill? (Latest update)
- For Selection of Sub Type in case of Outward Supply, What do terms “CKD/SKD” & “Line sales” mean?
- How is the criteria of “Value of Consignment of Goods” applied?
- How many e-way bills are required to be generated to ship a consignment to a customer involving multiple transporters (having different Transporter IDs) in between? How will the one invoice-one e-way bill validation be complied here since end customer is
- How to Generate e-Way Bills on E-Way Bill Portal?
- How to Generate e-Way Bills on E-Way Portal?
- Is e-Way bill required, if the value of shipment per customer per day exceeds Rs 50,000? How will we take multiple invoices under single e-way bill?
- States that have Notified e-Way Bill ?
- Validity of e-Way Bill
- What is the responsibility and liability for the transporter in E-Way bill system?
- When Should e-Way Bill be issued?
- Who should Generate an e way bill?